How much do you charge?
Because each project is different, pricing will vary. You can download my price guide HERE.
How Long will it take?
Each project will vary, depending on it’s complexity. For instance your first logo proof will normally take around 2 weeks from your start date, while a business card or basic flyer can be done in 1 week. If you have deadline, just let me know before we get started.
I don’t live in Brisbane, can we still work together?
Sure can! I'm an online business and have worked with clients all over the world.
What if I don’t like the design / illustration you have created?
I work closely with you to ensure I have a good understanding of what you are wanting. I ask lots of questions before any work begins and also get you to send me any screen shots or Pinterest boards you may have for visual inspiration.
Chances are, you’ve checked out my portfolio before working with me. So if you like my design style then you’re going to be happy with the design or illustration I create for you.
I also offer revisions for 100% satisfaction! (usually 2 – 3 rounds are included in your quoted price) So if you receive your first draft and you don’t feel it’s heading in the right direction, let me know straight away and we can change course.
I need something designed ASAP, can you help me?
Where possible I do try and accommodate urgent orders, but it would depend on my schedule at the time. I do add an additional fee for rush orders.
Do you supply printing?
Yes sure do, but only if the job has been designed by me. I utilise a selection of trade printers who I have chosen not only because of their value for money, but also their quality and reliability. I have a background in Print Management and Pre Press, so you could say printing is one of my “specialties”! Just email me for a quote.
What if I change my mind?
Of course you are able to change your mind, however a change of direction half way though a project can sometimes encore extra costs.
We are a new business with a small budget, are you negotiable on price or can I get a discount?
I don’t offer discounts sorry, but I can tailor a smaller package for you and offer suggestions on how you can reduce your design costs.
What is your design process?
Check out my full branding design process HERE
For general illustration & design projects:
- Send me an email to let me know the service you are interested in as well as your required time frame (I am usually booked 2-4 weeks in advance).
- I’ll get back to you with my current availability & ask some questions about your project.
- If you’re happy with the time frame and have requested a service from my price guide, I will email you an invoice. For larger projects, I also get you to sign a contract. (if your project needs quoting, then this will be emailed to your first.)
- Once your deposit / payment has been made, I can schedule your job into my production time table. (I require upfront payment for jobs under $500, otherwise it's half upfront and half upon completion)
- I’ll present your proofs and we will email back and forth until you are 100% happy with the final design. (There are generally 2-3 rounds of revisions included in your quoted cost. I find this is usually all that is needed, but on the rare occasion additional revisions are required, they are available at $100+gst per hour.)
- Once approved final payment will be required (for jobs over $500) and once paid, I will either email files directly to you, or provide you with a dropbox link to download your files.
Can I take image off the internet for you to use in my designs?
I’m afraid not. While it’s great to send screen-shots of images/designs you like for reference/to give me an idea of what appeals to you, I cannot use images off a Google image search. It is illegal to take and use someone else’s images in your design, plus any image you take off the net, will be low resolution and print blurry.
I specialise in creating custom drawn illustrations so I can design and illustrate for you. Or if budget is a concern, I can direct you to some great free or low cost stock image websites, where you can choose from a number of great images.